We will monitor the haze situation and take appropriate mitigation measures based on MOH’s health advisory for the day to ensure the well-being of our students and staff. For updates on the haze situation, visit NEA website (www.nea.gov.sg), the haze microsite (www.haze.gov.sg), follow NEA Facebook (www.facebook.com/NEASingapore) and NEA Twitter (@NEAsg), or download the myENV app. Please check the school website for updates. If your child has a pre-existing condition, do remind him/her to have the medication with him/her daily (e.g. child with asthma to carry the inhaler etc.).
Zika and Dengue Management
To minimise the risk of further spread of Zika and Dengue in Singapore, it is critical that all of us, as a community, take active steps to prevent mosquito breeding. We have taken steps to prevent mosquito breeding in school by doing the 5-step Mozzie Wipeout and fuming. You can take additional precautions to protect your children against mosquito bites by getting them to apply insect repellent regularly. Let’s play our part in ensuring that our homes do not breed mosquitoes too.
We seek your cooperation to reinforce the importance of personal hygiene to your child. Should your child feel unwell, please bring him/her to see a doctor and let him/her rest at home. He/She should only return to school when he/she is well.
For infectious illness such as Hand, Foot and Mouth Disease (HFMD), please consult a doctor and receive a memo to certify that your child is fit for school before his/her return to school.
Should your child fall ill during the school day, you will be informed to pick him/her up. In an emergency that requires treatment in the hospital, we will call the ambulance and keep you informed.
As advised by Health Promotion Board, first aid kit should not contain oral medications or any other forms of topical medications (e.g. antiseptic cream, mopiko, zam-buk, ointment etc) in view of possible allergic reactions. As such, the school will not administer any oral medications and provide topical medication.
Sports (Click here for more information)
Special Rooms (Click here for more information)
Facilities (Click here for more information)
- The school has bought insurance for all students. Parents do not need to pay for the insurance. A letter to inform you of the policy coverage and benefits will be issued to your child.
School Security & Road Safety
Security measures are taken for the well-being of our staff and students.
No visitors are allowed to walk through Gate 1 and 3 which are meant for entry of authorised vehicles only.
All visitors coming in from Gate 4 and 5 are to register at the guard post before they proceed to the General Office for further assistance.
Do reinforce the following safety practices to your child such as:
- Obey all traffic signals and signs
- STOP, look right, look left, and then look right again
- Wait for vehicles to come to a complete STOP before crossing
- Raise hand to attract the attention of drivers when crossing
- Cross briskly
- Observe oncoming traffic
- Use the overhead bridge
- Do not cross the road in front of, behind or between vehicles
- It is important to remind your child to stay vigilant and refrain from engaging in other activities such as using electronic devices and playing when crossing at traffic junctions or pedestrian crossings.
Safety on School Bus/Public Bus
Do remind your child to:
- Board and alight the bus in an orderly manner
- Remain seated at all times
- Face forward for the duration of the trip, and keep his/her feet on the floor in front of him/her and out of the bus aisle
- Put on the seat belt at all times when travelling on small school buses (seating capacity for 15 passengers or less) at all times
- Be respectful to the bus driver, bus attendant and bus monitors and cooperate with them at all times
We do not encourage students to cycle to school. However, should your child cycle to school, it is important that he/she:
- Has obtained parental consent
- Observes traffic rules
- Dismounts and pushes the bicycle and practises proper kerb drills before crossing the road
- Keeps a look out for the safety of other pedestrians
- Does not cycle across overhead pedestrian bridges