Dear Parents, the application is now open for the Parent Volunteer Scheme for 2015 Primary One Registration Exercise. You may proceed to apply in person at the school's General Office during office hours, Mondays to Fridays from 8am to 5pm.
RED SWASTIKA SCHOOL PARENT VOLUNTEER SCHEME FOR 2015 PRIMARY ONE REGISTRATION EXERCISE (ADMISSION IN YEAR 2016)
Registration Period: Opens 9 September 2013 till 24 January 2014
(Please note that applications received after the stipulated closing date will be rejected)
Eligibility: Applicable for children born between 2 Jan 2009 to 1 Jan 2010 (both dates inclusive) only
1. Primary One Registration Exercise takes place during the 3rd quarter of the year prior to the admission year. Parents who are interested in applying as Parent Volunteers need to fill out the application form at the General Office during office hours, Mondays to Fridays from 8am to 5pm.
2. The school reviews and selects applicants during the 2nd quarter of each year (the year prior to the P1 Registration Exercise). Selection is done based on the needs of the school, which may vary every year. Successful applicants will be notified by the end of the 2nd quarter in 2014.*
3. PV scheme does not guarantee a place in the school but accords only an eligibility to register in Phase 2B.
4. Should you be selected and your child successfully registered in P1 Registration Exercise, the school is looking forward to having you as our long term key stakeholders. It would be long term collaboration with you as our parents. Hence, we seek your understanding to continue to support the school even if you have fulfilled the minimum requirement of 40 voluntary hours in the event that the school requires your continued assistance.
5. Parents who are accepted as Parent Volunteers will start contributing their voluntary hours one year before the start of the Primary One Registration Exercise.
6. Parent volunteers are responsible for the completion of 40 hours of voluntary work to be eligible for Phase 2B of the Primary One Registration Exercise. Should the number of applications exceed the number of places available for this phase, the school will need to conduct balloting. Singapore citizens will be admitted first ahead of PRs, before home-school distance is considered.
6.1 Children living within 1 km from the school
6.2 Children living between 1-2 km from the school
6.3 Children living outside 2 km from the school
7. Required Supporting documents for PV application:
7.1 Copy of child's birth certificate
7.2 Copy of both parents' NRIC
7.3 Photograph of both parents (IC/Passport size)
8. To verify the home-school distance, please refer to the One Map School Query Service www.onemap.sg managed by the
Singapore Land Authority (SLA).
* Parents may apply to volunteer their service at more than one school. You would need to check with the schools concerned of the application procedures.